20 Days of Chill- January 4


I’m from N.Y., we have losing teams (Mets, Jets) Not always, but certainly this past year.  We are used to losing, maybe not as much as the Giants (this year), but we do lose. But, thinking about this post, I also think of the ways the word “lose” is used so many times during day, week, year. For example: lose the weight, lose the attitude, use it or lose it, and nothing to lose.

In sports, there has to be a winner and loser, right? Is this true of everything? I love a good challenge, and  I am very competitive, but my sports days are long gone. I no longer need to ski the fastest down the hill; I just want to get down the hill without breaking something. I don’t need to be the fastest hiker, or walker, or have the most geocaches. I just want to enjoy the moment, get out, walk, hike, find.  Maybe, just maybe, the older we get the less we see winning and losing as separate things, but these finalities morph into starting, trying, finishing.

But, I’m from N.Y. and we like to WIN!

I thought I would include a picture of my son, who loves the Tampa Bay Lightning, and his girlfriend who loves the New Jersey Devils, they both care about who wins and loses.

Comments

  1. We all like to win, and a little fair competition is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sports does involve a lot of win or lose, I don't have a follow a team or anything but if I happen to watch some sports competition, I would want to know who wins or who loses or better yet, a tie - those rarely happens.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a NY team that wins! Sometimes, at least, like the Winter Classic: the Rangers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts