20 Days of Chill- January 22


Monday, January 22: Guilty pleasures

I had an entire can of corned beef hash the other day.  After I consumed it, I felt guilty, but I was in pure heaven while I was eating it.  I could stand to use 20 pounds, being over (age) 40 and under 100, the pounds seem to stay on and not leave. I certainly didn’t need the entire can of corned beef hash, but it is done, over, consumed, expelled, time to move on.

I really didn’t know how to respond to this prompt other than what I wrote above.  I am not guilty of engaging in pleasure.  Taking an extra 15 minutes for lunch at work, that’s a guilty pleasure.  Watching TV, when I should be doing something else, that’s a guilty pleasure. Buying myself, yet another pathtag, that certainly is a guilty pleasure.  But, for some reason I don’t feel guilty (most times) about doing these things. I work hard, both at home for my family, and at my paying job. I am only going to live once, and God willing, it will be for quite a bit longer, so I am going to enjoy things in life without feeling guilty.

Comments

  1. Very, very, very well put, Linda! Carry on enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts