20 Days fo Chill- January 24



I really like to cook, especially when I have time to shop for the ingredients and take my time with the recipe.  I always make a new recipe on Sunday, for my family.  Here is one of my favorite recipes I make in the summer:

Beer Can Chicken

1 whole chicken (4-5 pounds)
Vegetable oil
Salt
Black pepper
McCormick Grill Mates Chicken seasoning
1 can of beer

Rinse chicken and pat dry, remove giblets and neck. Lightly rub the chicken with oil, put on salt, pepper and a liberal amt. of chicken seasoning. Open beer can, and either drink a few gulps, or discard so the can is ½ full. Put the beer can on a solid surface and position the chicken over the can, though the cavity of the bird. Transfer the chicken to the center of the grill, balancing it like a tripod by using its two legs. Cook over indirect heat for approximately 1 ¼ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degree in the breast and 180 degrees in the thigh, or until the thigh juice runs clear. Remove from grill, discard beer (it’s going to be HOT). Let the bird rest for 10 minutes before carving.  Enjoy.


Comments

Popular Posts